Yamaha CD-S300 1CD Player, Black.
CD-S300 CD Player
The CD-S300 compact disc player from Yamaha offers high sound quality and easy operation. Along with special Yamaha features such as Pure Direct, Intelligent Digital Servo and iPod® and USB compatibility, the CD-S300 is also MP3/WMA compatible.
- Pure Direct
- Extremely sophisticated circuitry and layout
- Short signal paths
- High quality parts
- High performance DAC for high conversion precision with low noise
- Laser pickup floating mechanism
- Intelligent Digital Servo
- MP3 and WMA compatibility
- USB port on front panel for iPod and other devices
- iPod® compatibility
- CD-R/RW disc playback compatibility
- Numerous convenient playback functions
- 10-key direct track and direct access
- Random play
- Repeat play (full/single)
- 3-mode time display
- 4 illumination levels
- Last track resume
- Auto ready mode
- Play mode memory
Designed to Deliver Enjoyable Sound Quality
- Inheriting many of the sound quality features of the S2000/S1000 Series components, the CD-S300 CD player delivers sound that will satisfy devoted music fans. In addition to CDs, it also provides high quality play of music files stored on digital audio players like iPod® or USB memory devices via a USB port on the front panel.
- The CD-S300 offers Pure Direct, which is the same popular feature included in Yamaha amplifiers and receivers. By pressing
- the button on the front panel or on the remote control, it shuts down the digital audio output and turns off the display. This achieves the lowest possible noise interference and, therefore, the highest sound quality of the analog audio output.
Extremely Sophisticated Circuitry and Layout
- Yamaha technicians devoted a great deal of time and effort to designing the overall interior layout of parts and circuit boards, a factor that significantly affects sound quality. As a result, the power supplies for the motor drive, display and USB sections, as well as the digital, and analog sections are individually isolated, eliminating electromagnetic interference among them. To achieve ideal weight balance for stable performance, the drive mechanism is located in the center of the unit.
Short Signal Paths
- The highly logical and symmetrical internal layout of parts and circuit boards are designed to keep the signal paths on each board as short as possible. This purposeful design also keeps the paths between sections straight and short, minimizing the chance of signal loss or interference, something not easy to achieve.
High Performance D/A Converter
- Utilizing a Burr Brown 192 kHz/24-bit DAC, the high performance D/A conversion system takes full advantage of the digital technology refined by Yamaha over a period of many years, ensuring excellent conversion precision, S/N ratio and dynamic range. Laser Pickup Floating Mechanism
- The laser pickup is isolated on a floating mechanism so its delicate operation cannot be affected by vibration.
Intelligent Digital Servo
- Conventional tracking servo circuitry cannot completely overcome errors caused by a warped disc, dust and other defects. This system uses a dependable DSP (Digital Signal Processor), exclusive for CDs, to monitor the signal, adjusting pickup tracking and focus, as well as spindle motor speed, to compensate for any problems.
- The USB port on the front panel gives you an easy way to enjoy high quality sound from MP3 or WMA digital music files stored on
USB players and memory devices, as well as on memory cards mounted on USB card readers. You can also play files recorded on
|Type||Single Disc CD Player|
|Disc Compatibility||CD, CD-R/RW (MP3, WMA), USB, iPod|
|Output Level||2 ± 0.3 V (1 kHz, 0 dB)|
|Signal-to-Noise Ratio||105 dB|
|Harmonic Distortion||0.003% (1 kHz)|
|Dynamic Range||96 dB|
|Frequency Response||2 Hz-20 kHz|
|Output||Optical and Coaxial|
|Power Consumption||13 W|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||17-1/8” x 3-3/8” x 10-1/4”|