Yamaha NS-SW50 8" Powered Subwoofer, Piano Black
This compact subwoofer incorporates a number of Yamaha advanced, high-performance bass technologies, such as Twisted Flare Port, Advanced YST II (Yamaha Active Servo Technology II) with discrete amp circuitry and a high-quality 8" woofer unit. The resulting bass response is powerfully rich and impactful.
- New Twisted Flare Port contributes to clear and tight bass
- Advanced YST II (Yamaha Active Servo Technology II)
- 8" cone woofer
- Stylish addition to any room
Clear and Tight Bass
- The new Twisted Flare Port takes advantage of extensive subwoofer development experience. The gently twisting flared shape creates a smooth flow of air around the edge of the port versus the turbulent air flow around a conventional port. This reduces extraneous noise not present in the original input signal and provides clear, accurate low frequency reproduction. From special effect sounds in movies to the atmosphere of a live venue, you hear bass that is clear, tight and realistic.
- Developed by Yamaha, the Advanced YST II (Yamaha Active Servo Technology II) combines negative-impedance and constant-current principles to drive the speaker cone with even tighter control than the previous version. Using Advanced Negative Impedance Converter (ANIC) circuits, this system dynamically optimizes effective speaker impedance to maintain excellent linearity. This means more stable and accurate low range response, not to mention higher sound quality.
More than a Black Box
- The gently rounded form with a slanted front surface is stylishly elegant. Designed to be unobtrusive, it’s sure to look beautiful in a living room or home theater room and will match a wide range of speakers. More than a black box, it’s the heartbeat of your home theater system.
|Dynamic Power||100 W (5 ohms)|
|Output Power||50 W (100 Hz, 5 ohms, 10% THD)|
|Frequency Response||28–200 Hz|
|Twisted Flare Port||Yes|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||11-1/2" x 11-1/2" x 13-3/8"|