Yamaha NX-N500 5" Powered Network Speakers MusicCast, Black (Pair).
NX-N500 Powered Network Speakers with MusicCast
Inheriting the precision of the classic NS-10M studio monitors, the NX-N500 is a modern monitor that boasts musical expressiveness exceeding its class. By repeatedly evaluating the tuning of the left and right speakers at 2-3 meter audition position intervals, it achieves stereophonic expression that liberates the true feeling of the music.
- Precise stereophonic expression
- Access to your music library, Pandora®, Spotify, SiriusXM Internet Radio, Napster, TIDAL, Deezer and more
- Versatile connectivity – Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth®, AirPlay® and Spotify Connect
- Free MusicCast Controller app for Apple® iOS and Android™ devices
- Add audio in up to 9 additional rooms with MusicCast
- Voice control using your Alexa device like Echo or Echo Dot
- DSD 2.8 MHz / 5.6 MHz, FLAC / WAV / AIFF 384 kHz / 32-bit, Apple® Lossless 96 kHz / 24-bit playback
- 192 kHz / 24-bit optical digital input for connecting to a TV
- ESS 32-bit D/A converter
- Discrete analog amplifier and bi-amp drive reproduces music with lively dynamism
- Balanced signal transmission thoroughly eliminates sound quality degradation due to noise
- 1" dome tweeter and A-PMD 5" woofer unit for high-resolution playback
- Rigid enclosure specially designed to suppress unwanted resonance
Access all of your music with a simple app and wirelessly stream it throughout your home using your existing Wi-Fi® network.
- Stream it all. Listen to Pandora®, Spotify, Napster, SiriusXM Internet Radio, TIDAL, Deezer, thousands of free internet radio stations and the music stored on your smart devices and computers.
- Wireless connectivity. All MusicCast products are fully loaded with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth® and AirPlay®.
- Expand to a whole home audio experience. When you’re ready, add MusicCast wireless speakers, sound bars or other devices in up to 9 other rooms and listen throughout your home.
- No wires, easy installation. By using MusicCast, you don't need to fuss with placing wires through walls into other rooms.
Alexa on MusicCast
- Amazon Alexa-enabled devices — including Echo, Dot, Tap and Show — can now control key functions of any MusicCast product using voice commands. Discover a new, exciting way to control music and entertainment experiences in your home.
- Precision Plus Musicality - This Is the Hi-Fi Tuning Concept
- Inheriting the precision of the classic NS-10M studio monitors, the NX-N500 is a modern monitor that boasts musical expressiveness exceeding its class. By repeatedly evaluating the tuning of the left and right speakers at 2-3 m audition position intervals, it achieves stereophonic expression that liberates the true feeling of the music — smooth and immediate vocals, a sense of the body of the melody instrument, a solid backbone to the sound and high density audio data.
The New Standard in Powered Speakers
- Seize the most from the music on your PCs, smartphones and tablets. The NX-N500 is a powered bookshelf Hi-Fi system that utilizes an all-new speaker design that fully appreciates high-resolution audio sources. Take advantage of a full-spec USB DAC function with your computer, watch TV or Blu-ray Discs™ through the digital audio input or wirelessly stream and hear all your content with MusicCast and Bluetooth® support.
- The power amplifier is critical to powered speakers. The NX-N500 utilize a discrete bi-amplification system featuring a 45 W amplifier to the woofer and a 25 W amplifier to the tweeter. These analog amplifiers produce strong, expansive sound by directly driving each unit individually while maintaining the feeling of a high signal-to-noise ratio.
Balanced Transmission and Balanced Connection Thoroughly Eliminate Sound Quality Degradation Due to Noise
- In principle, balanced transmission cancels the external noise that becomes mixed with the signal during transmission. In the NX-N500, all digital audio input signals undergo a balance conversion in the L-channel speaker before being transmitted to the R-channel speaker. An XLR cable is used to establish balanced connection between the two speakers and this approach thoroughly eliminates noise.
1" Dome Tweeter and 5" A-PMD Produce High-Resolution Sound Reproduction
- With a 2-way speaker configuration, the NX-N500 utilizes a 1" dome tweeter capable of handling 40 kHz high-bandwidth playback in order to reproduce the rich amount of audio information unique to high-resolution sound sources. By incorporating a thick waveguide it achieves smooth and accurate high-frequency reproduction. The 5" woofer employs the same new advanced PMD (Polymer-injected Mica) diaphragm used in the high-end Soavo speakers from Yamaha.
Rigid Enclosure Specially Designed to Suppress Unwanted Resonance
- The enclosure employs thick MDF with high rigidity to produce uniform acoustic characteristics, and features the total three-way mitered-joint construction traditionally used in Yamaha high-end speakers. Suppressing unwanted resonance and highly accurate, it helps ensure that you’ll hear sound with an outstanding sense of resolution.
High-Grade USB DAC Supports DSD 5.6MHz Native Resolution and PCM 384kHz/32-bit for High Resolution Reproduction
- The NX-N500 has a high performance USB DAC that supports PCM 384 kHz / 32-bit and DSD 5.6 MHz native resolutions. It is compatible with asynchronous transmission and produces low-jitter by using its own master clock versus using the clock in the PC. It also makes use of an ASIO driver that achieves lower latency and higher throughput. Along with Windows PC compatibility, it’s also compatible with MAC OS* Integer Mode that allows for 32-bit playback on Apple computers.
ESS 32-bit D/A Converter Delivers High-Performance
- The digital-to-analog (D/A) converter — the ES9010K2M from ESS Technology, Inc. — offers high-precision processing of 32-bit audio and the ability to handle large amounts of audio data (PCM 384 kHz, DSD 5.6 MHz). Since the built-in D/A converter generates its own master clock, an original jitter-elimination function is also included. This allows for the D/A conversion to experience an extremely low impact of clock jitter.
Wireless Music Streaming via Bluetooth® or AirPlay®
- Enjoy music from your smartphone or tablet wirelessly using a Bluetooth connection. You can also use the convenient AirPlay function for wireless music streaming from iPhone® or iPads®. In addition, a Network Standby mode provides the convenience of having the NX-N500 turn on and off automatically.
Bluetooth® Output for Convenient Music Streaming
- The NX-N500 is equipped with Bluetooth functionality to let you easily enjoy wireless music playback from smartphones and other devices. The Compressed Music Enhancer from Yamaha is now optimized for Bluetooth audio transmissions to ensure that your music will have vivid, lively sound quality during wireless playback.
Easy setup with your smartphone or tablet
- Use your smartphone or tablet together with the MusicCast CONTROLLER app to operate the speaker and change settings quickly and easily. The same app functions as a two-way remote control for all your MusicCast compatible devices too.
Streaming Services Offer a Huge Range of Listening Choices
- Enjoy support for music streaming services like Pandora®, Spotify, Rhapsody® and SiriusXM Internet radio means you’ll enjoy a wide variety of music content. Furthermore, support for the vTuner radio station database enables sampling of Internet radio broadcasts from around the world.
LED Indicator Displays Operating Status and Playback Sound Source
- The front of the speaker provides an LED display indicator that is color coded by operating status: orange for ECO Standby mode, green for network function, pink for AirPlay and sky blue for the USB DAC function.
Other Notable Features
- Remote control allows easy performance of basic functions such as power on/off and audio source selection.
- Optical digital input compatible with 192 kHz / 24-bit audio codecs.
|NX-N500 Powered Network Speakers with MusicCast|
|File Format||DSD 2.8 MHz / 5.6 MHz, FLAC / WAV / AIFF 384 kHz / 32-bit, Apple® Lossless 96 kHz / 24-bit playback|
|Version/Profile||Version 2.1 + EDR / A2DP|
|Audio Codec||Yes (AAC)|
|Type||Bi-amp 2-way powered speaker|
|Frequency Response||54 Hz - 40kHz (-10dB)|
|Crossover Frequencies||2 kHz|
|Analog Audio Input||Yes|
|Digital Audio Input: Optical||Yes|
|USB||Yes (Type B)|
|Power Consumption||45 W + 45 W|
|Standby Power Consumption||0.2 W (L-channel only)|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||6-3/4" x 11-1/4" x 8-3/4" , (Left speaker) 11/16" x 11 1/4" x 9 3/8"|
|Weight||(Right speaker) 12.6 lbs., (Left speaker) 13.8 lbs.|