Yamaha R-N803 Network Stereo Receiver, Black
R-N803 Network Stereo Receiver
The elegant design of the R-N803 is equally matched with powerful brainy internals – a full suite of modern technological and connectivity features make the receiver even more captivating and result in a receiver worthy to take home to your Wi-Fi® and Hi-Fi
- Beautiful and elegant front aluminum face with two channels of 145 W high-power output (0.019% THD)
- Phono input terminals for turntables and optical/coaxial audio inputs for TV
- Wireless Direct, Bluetooth®, AirPlay®, and Wi-Fi to access to your music library, Pandora®, Spotify, SiriusXM Internet Radio, TIDAL and Deezer
- YPAO™ – Yamaha’s acoustic optimizer with Precision EQ, Volume, and Reflected Sound Control
- Pure Direct and ToP-ART design to faithfully preserve the integrity of your music
- DSD 5.6 MHz, FLAC / WAV / AIFF 192 kHz / 24-bit, Apple® Lossless 96 kHz / 24-bit playback
- Add audio in up to 9 additional rooms with MusicCast
- Voice control using your Alexa device like Echo or Echo Dot
Experience the Legend, Enjoy the Musicality
- The legendary Yamaha Hi-Fi design concept ToP-ART (Total Purity Audio Reproduction Technology) combines a meticulously symmetrical left/right circuit layout and signal directness (straightest, shortest signal paths) with a low-vibration chassis of high rigidity. The chassis is equipped with the special resin frame "Art Base" that absorbs and blocks unnecessary vibration. The result is sonic purity and an accurate stereo image of your music.
High Precision, High Performance
- The R-N803 uses the renowned SABRE 9006AS 192 kHz/24-bit DAC (from ESS technology) to deliver superior signal-to-noise ratio performance. Combined with the Yamaha original network module, the unit thoroughly draws out all the sonic merits of high-resolution sound sources, effectively reproducing even the subtle ambience of concert halls and delicate expressive nuances in the sound.
Optimized for the Ultimate
- For the first time in a Hi-Fi receiver, the R-N803 is equipped with the Yamaha Parametric room Acoustic Optimizer (YPAO™), a famed technology used in Yamaha AV receivers. It measures the shape of the room, the material of the wall and the position of the speaker, then automatically adjusts the sound to create the ideal response and sonic quality. The unit also features other advanced YPAO functions, including YPAO -Reflected Sound Control, which actively corrects the important early reflection sounds that greatly influence sound quality, and YPAO Volume, which applies exceptionally high-precision EQ (equalization), with 192 kHz / 64-bit operation. The result? You can create an ideal listening environment right in your home, just like that of a professional audio listening room.
- Pure Direct mode enables the music signals to travel the shortest possible circuit route, bypassing the buffer amp and the tone, loudness and balance controls to virtually eliminate any signal degradation, for the purest sound quality.
Pure Delight to Own
- This receiver inherits the simple and sophisticated design style for which Yamaha Hi-Fi audio is famous. Its elegant simplicity beautifully complements your other Hi-Fi audio components. The stylish design with high-quality materials deepens both the joy of ownership and the joy of listening.
Sophisticated Circuit Design
- The power amp block adopts a symmetrical and direct circuit layout based on the ToP-ART concept, featuring a parallel push-pull structure using a total of eight bipolar-type power transistors (four each, on left and right) as its output terminals. And by minimizing the lengths of the audio signal paths in the circuit design, we've lowered impedance to achieve superb drive power with a maximum output of 145 watts (per channel).
|File Format||MP3, WMA, MPEG4 AAC, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, ALAC, DSD|
|Wi-Fi||Yes (with Wireless Direct)|
|Bluetooth||Yes (SBC / AAC)|
|Minimum RMS Output Power||100 W + 100 W (8 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 0.019% THD)|
|Maximum Power (4 ohms, 1kHz, 0.7% THD, for Europe)||160 W + 160 W|
|Maximum Power(8 ohms, 1 kHz, 10% THD)||145 W + 145 W|
|High Dynamic Power/Channel (8/6/4/2 ohms)||140 / 170 / 220 / 290 W|
|Frequency Response||0 ± 0.5 dB / 0 ± 1.0 dB|
|Signal-to-Noise Ratio (CD)||100 dB (Pure Direct on, 200 mV)|
|Audio In / Out||10 / 2|
|Digital Input||Yes (Optical / Coaxial)|
|Control (Trigger) Out||Yes|
|FM 50dB Quieting Sensitivity (IHF, 1 kHz, 100% Mod., Mono)||3 µV (20.8 dBf)|
|FM Signal-to-Noise Ratio (Mono/Stereo)||69 dB / 67 dB|
|Standby Power Consumption||0.1 W (Network standby on / Wi-Fi connection; 1.8 W)|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||17-1/8" x 6" x 15-7/16" (with antenna up: 17-1/8" x 8-1/2" x 15-7/16")|