Lutron DVRF-5NS-WH, Caseta Claro Smart Switch, White
Claro Smart Switch
Smart switch for Diva Smart Dimmer and other Caséta products.
- Turns wired lights or ceiling/exhaust fans on and off
- Replaces existing light switch
- Wired or wireless 3-way/multi-location capable for control from 2 or more locations
- Neutral wire required
- Compatible with the Original Caséta family of products and the Lutron Smart Hub (formerly Smart Bridge)
The Caséta family of dimmers, switches, and fan controls can be controlled directly and remotely when paired with Pico remote controls providing a system that delivers convenience and ease of installation.
Caséta dimmers, switches, and fan controls use Lutron patented Clear Connect RF Technology which enables wireless communication with Pico remote controls, Caséta motion sensors, and the Lutron Smart Hub and Smart Hub PRO (formerly Smart Bridge and Smart Bridge PRO).
- Works with Pico remote control
- Works with Caséta motion sensor
- Works with the Lutron App (via a Smart Hub or Smart Hub PRO)1
- Lutron patented Clear Connect RF Technology works through walls and floors
- Includes Front Accessible Service Switch (FASS) for safe lamp replacement
- Works with Lutron Radio Powr Savr occupancy and vacancy sensors in standalone applications (sensors do not work with Smart Hub or Smart Hub PRO)
- PD- models use green status LED(s) to indicate load status.
- DVRF-6L uses a white soft glow light bar and the DVRF-5NS uses a white status LED to indicate load status.
- PD-FSQN provides 4 quiet fan speeds plus OFF for a single ceiling fan. System Communications and Capacity
- Caséta switches, dimmers, and fan controls communicate with Pico remote controls, Caséta motion sensors, and the Lutron Smart Hub / Smart Hub PRO through Radio Frequency (RF).
- The Caséta switches, dimmers, and fan controls must be located within 60 ft (18 m) line-of-sight or 30 ft (9 m) through walls of a Lutron Smart Hub, Smart Hub PRO, or Caséta Repeater.
- The Caséta switches, dimmers, and fan controls must be located within 60 ft (18 m) line-of-sight or 30 ft (9 m) through walls of Pico remote controls or Caséta motion sensors (with no Smart Hub installed). Device limits
- Pico remote controls and Caséta motion sensors: up to 10 devices (total) may be paired to each Caséta switch / dimmer (with no Smart Hub installed).
- Smart Hub or Smart Hub PRO system: up to 75 total wireless devices (Caséta dimmers / switches, Pico remote controls, Caséta motion sensors, and shades) are supported per system. Smart Hub or Smart Hub PRO counts as one device. The Caséta repeater counts as one device. Environment
- Ambient operating temperature: 32 °F to 104 °F (0 °C to 40 °C), 0% to 90% humidity, non-condensing. Indoor use only.
- PD-5WS-DV, PD-5ANS, PD-6ANS, PD-10NXD, DVRF-5NS, and DVRF-6L can be used with a mechanical switch in 3-way applications.
- Tested to withstand electrostatic discharge without damage or memory loss, in accordance with IEC 61000-4-2.
- Tested to withstand surge voltages without damage or loss of operation, in accordance with IEEE C62.41-1991 Recommended Practice on Surge Voltages in Low-Voltage AC Power Circuits.
- Load controls always operate locally and do not require system control.
- Power failure memory: should power be interrupted, the control will return to its previously set level prior to the interruption when power is restored.
- PD-5WS-DV, PD-5ANS, PD-6ANS, PD-10NXD, DVRF-5NS, and DVRF-6L use conventional 3-way wiring.
- Uses Lutron Claro wallplates or designer-style wallplates from other manufacturers. Wallplates are sold separately.
- Lutron Claro wallplates snap on with no visible means of attachment.
- Requires a 1-gang U.S. wallbox. 31⁄2 in (89 mm) depth recommended, 21⁄4 in (57 mm) depth minimum1.