Yamaha A-S501, Stereo 100W Integrated Amplifier 2-Channel, (Black / Silver)
Impressive high quality sound with a wide range of features and an elegant appearance. An integrated amplifier with the advantage of digital inputs.
- 85 W x 2-ch (20 Hz - 20 kHz)
- Digital audio inputs for TV and Blu-ray Disc™ player
- Pure Direct mode for greater sound purity
- ToP-ART (Total Purity Audio Reproduction Technology) and high quality parts
- I/O (input to output) direct symmetrical design
- ART (Anti-Resonance and Tough) Base
- Custom-made power transformer / 12,000 µF block capacitors / extruded aluminum heat sinks
- Gold-plated speaker terminals and RCA terminals
- Simple yet sophisticated design (aluminum front panel and knobs)
- Continuously Variable Loudness Control
High sound quality circuit design based on the ToP-ART (Total Purity Audio Reproduction Technology) concept
- ToP-ART Design and ART Base Ensure Optimum Sound When processing and transmission of the audio signal is simple and direct there is less chance of it being affected by noise and distortion. Yamaha’s amplifier design technology called ToP-ART features an I/O (input to output) Direct Symmetrical Design, with left and right channels organised in a straight, symmetrical layout for highest signal purity. In addition, the ART (Anti-Resonance and Tough) Base bottom chassis and a solid centre bar provide high-rigidity support and vibration damping. These Yamaha design innovations contribute to this amplifiers’ rich audio reproduction with abundant musicality.
High Quality Parts for Outstanding Audio Performance
- Custom-made power transformer, custom-made block capacitors, two direct signal path speaker relays, one-point grounding system, aluminium-extruded heat sinks and other top-quality parts effortlessly handle demanding audio signal conditions. The quality of each individual part, as well as how they work together, basically determines the sound quality of any component. Yamaha uses only very high quality parts, carefully selected and tested.
Created by Yamaha's Rich Experience and Tradition, and High Technological Expertise
- Yamaha, with a long history of over 125 years as a musical instrument maker, also has a high reputation for HiFi components. The A-S501 is created by taking advantage of this rich experience and high technological expertise. Based on the concept of “Natural Sound”, for reproducing all music as it really sounds, and built with scrupulous care from circuit design to basic sound production, even though an entry model it reproduces high sound quality and musically rich sound.
Pure Direct Mode for Greater Sound Purity
- The Pure Direct mode causes the music signals to travel the shortest possible circuit route, bypassing the buffer amp and the tone, loudness and balance controls to virtually eliminate any signal degradation for the purest sound quality.
Continuously Variable Loudness Control
- The A-S501 also feature a new analogue loudness control on the front panel that uses electronic volume for higher sound quality, which lets you adjust the loudness effect as desired. Separate from the overall volume, this controls the balance of the low- and high- frequency sounds, providing full tonal range at any volume level, compensating for the natural loss in the human ear of high and low frequencies at soft levels.
- Gold-plated terminals ensure a high quality connection that prevents signal loss. The A-S501 have Gold-plated speaker terminals and RCA (CD, Phono) and coaxial terminals.
Digital Audio Input for TV and/or Blu-ray Player
- The A-S501 is equipped for digital audio input with both optical and coaxial terminals. The optical is for receiving audio from a TV, and the coaxial for receiving audio from a Blu-ray player. The audio stays in the digital domain, giving you pure, pristine dynamic sound for all your entertainment sources, from sports and other programmes to movies and concerts.
|Receiver / Integrated Amplifier A-S501|
|Minimum RMS Output Power (8 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz)||85 W + 85 W (0.019% THD)|
|High Dynamic Power/Channel (8/6/4/2 ohms)||130 / 150 / 185 / 220 W|
|Frequency Response||10 Hz -100 kHz +/- 1.0 dB|
|Total Harmonic Distortion (CD to Sp Out, 20 Hz-20 kHz)||0.019% (50 W / 8 ohms)|
|Signal-to-Noise Ratio (CD)||99 dB (input shorted, 200 mV)|
|Digital Input||Yes (optical / coaxial)|
|Audio In / Out||8 / 2|
|Standby Power Consumption||0.5 W|
|Power Management (Auto Power Standby)||Yes|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||17-1/8" x 6" x 15-1/4"|