Acegear USBCFCOUPLER USB Type-C Female to USB Type-C Female Adaptor.
USB C delivers increased speed, power, flexibility, and various features that provide devices with better connectivity and performance.
- USB C female to USB C female passive adapter
- Good for extending short run USB C connections
- Black PVC molding
- Nickel plated
- Rev 1.2 PCB
USB Type A / B cables, Micro-USB cables, and Mini-USB cables are all asymmetrical, meaning they have a traditional up and down position that have to be plugged in a certain way in order to fit. USB C changes this with a reversible Type C connector that is slightly larger than the Micro-USB B connector, but allows the connector to be plugged in symmetrically on both sides. You can essentially call this the super position in that it allows the connector to fit both ways, regardless if it is up or down.
The USB 3.1 specification that accompanies USB C introduces increased transfer speeds up to 10Gbps. That's twice the speed of USB 3.0. This is perfect for transferring large files and displaying uncompressed video quickly and efficiently. USB 3.1 also features an improved power delivery system for devices requiring higher output, allowing you to power and charge devices with up to 100 watts of power. This is used in laptops such as the MacBook, only using the USB C port for charging, data transfer, and video output. This upgraded power improvement can also be used on smartphones and tablets to charge devices at a higher power output, such as those used on the Nexus 6P and 5X.
- USB 3.1 C Female to Female Adapter
- Compatible with USB Revision 3.1 / 3.0 / 2.0 / 1.1
- Type C connector features a high power capability (up to 100W)
- Type C connector reversibility - Can now be plugged in either way without the hassle of flipping the connector back and forth for the correct insertion