TechLogix TLVFL1MW Visual Fault Locator 1mW output for 5km signal distribution.
Fiber Optic Visual Fault Locator (VFL) -- 1mW
The TechLogix TL-VFL-1MW is a compact fiber optic visual fault locator (affectionately known as a "VFL") that's ideal for locating breaks and out-of-spec bends in a fiber optic cable. It's also a crucial tool for verifying mechanical Fiber optic connectors fiber optic connectors are terminated properly and identifying strands during splicing and/or patching.
The VFL-1MW features a 1mW output which drives a visible laser signal up to 5km. Plus, two modes of operation -- continuous wave output and flashing wave output -- help identify different strands and cable runs.
The VFL-1MW features battery power and a 2.5mm universal connector, which is designed for use with SC, ST and FC style connectors (integration with LC style connectors requires a 2.5mm to 1.25mm adapter). Both single mode and multimode fiber are supported.
TechLogix offers special order VFL models for signal distances over 5km. Please contact the factory for details.
- 1mW visible wave output
- Up to 5km max signal transmission
- Ideal for locating out-of-spec bends & breaks in fiber optic cabling
- Ideal for verifying proper fiber optic connector termination
- Ideal for toning & tracing fiber optic cable runs & strands
- Battery powered (2 x AA) with 18 hour average battery life
- Built-in dust cap
- Metal construction
- Continuous wave & pulsed wave modes of operation
- 650nm wavelength
- Compatible with SC, ST & FC style connectors (LC connectors require an adapter)
- Compatible with both single mode & multimode fiber
- Includes carry case